SOC 2 Certification / Attestation
What is SOC 2 or Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2?
In this growing sales plateau of organization, people need to concentrate more on closing the deals with security conscious customers. There are many roadblocks that a company faces in terms of cyber security in recent days. Hence, there comes the SOC 2 certification to remove all the technical troubles and the blockers you face in terms of these security issues. You need to know about the SOC 2 certification and its compliance to proceed with these happenings.
We undergo regular audits to ensure the requirements of each of the principles in SOC 2 complaint!
SOC 2 certification is actually an information security compliance standard that is maintained by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). If you are in need of testing your organization with regards to cyber security and if you want to demonstrate the same, you can proceed with this certification. It is an attestation wherein the SOC 2 auditors will certify to a company who is in compliant with all the standards by observing the same in the organization’s security program.
The Importance and Advantages of SOC 2 Attestation
SOC 2 Attestation is primarily important as it helps you to securely manage the data and protects the interests and privacy of the clients. This is helpful and important to verify the existence and effectiveness of the security controls in any organization. In a scenario where the clients often require the vendors to ensure the client data privacy, the SOC 2 certification plays a vital role.
Being an SOC 2 Certified organization, you can avail and enjoy the following benefits:
- The SOC 2 reports will validate your security and helps you to provide security assurance to the clients
- You can be confident in the completeness, validity, accuracy and the authorization of the system processing
- This is a brand reputation! You can keep this as evidence that the organization has taken measures to prevent the data. You can build good credibility in the market!
- Any company can edge over others in terms of the security and also you can assure the client that all security criteria are met in your organization.
Standards of SOC 2 Certification
Your company must meet the following standards to be SOC 2 certified:
- Must include the confidentiality and the control on keeping the business data confidential as well
- Availability and processing integrity is needed, if you are providing a lot of service processes to the clients
- In compliant to the SOC 2 privacy criteria and the guidelines provided by the regulatory programs
- Must be aligned with the COSO framework that contains the important points on protection provided by the TSCs
- Availability of all the information and the system that is used in the maintenance of data which are available for the processing operation and monitoring by the authority
- Protection of the information during the collection and creation or use and processing of the data
- In general there are five categories that the organization must focus on to be SOC 2 certified and that includes: security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of the data
Top Companies or Organizations with SOC 2 Certification
Any organization or industry that needs help in securely managing the data and to protect the interests of the organization can avail this SOC 2 certification which comes in two types as in SOC 2 type 1 and the type 2.
GQS has worked with several well-organized firms and with many experts in every industry and implemented this SOC 2 certification to them especially to the SaaS providers and various software companies. GQS has the highest number of CPA Certified Public accountants with us, who are qualified in Accounting as well as International Cyber security trainings.
GQS SOC 2 Certification: Consultancy and Assistance
GQS is one of the leading certification agency and top consultancy company in India. Our audit and consulting support has been extended to Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, NCR, Mumbai, Goa and Mangalore and we provide this SOC 2 certification in the most collaborative way you think.
We create a plan and the evidences are collected to be submitted to the auditor for review and process, thereby a report is generated. We handle all types of OSC 2 audit including the SOC 2 Type 1 Type 2 audit and the SOC 2 certification as well.
For more queries on this certification, you can drop an email to SHAKTI@GQSINDIA.COM or call us on 9845078743, 98453 13910 and we will revert soon.
GQS consultants will help you throughout the SOC 2 certification process from the documentation, implementation, audits and also the compliance standards to avail you the required certification.
Located in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Coimbatore, Mysore, Trivandrum and wish to know more about SOC attestation, HITRUST, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS Drop an email to email@example.com to know more info about
- SOC 1 – Finance related ICFR International control over Financial Reporting based on 80C – Section 320
- SOC 2 – Report on Security Confidentiality, Availability, Privacy (This report is confidential)
- SOC 3 – SOC 2 Report which can be published as a Public Report
- SOC 2 + – Additional HITRUST or GDPR entrusted
- SOC Cyber security – Risk management program