ISO 50001-2018 certification is the International Standard Energy Management Systems. It’s a certification that gives information about the organization’s commitment to improvements in energy management by allowing them to with their respective industries and ensuring legislative requirements are satisfied. It provides the framework for optimizing energy in public and private sector organizations. It has a 9.7% increase in worldwide certificates in the last year i.e., 2020.
ISO 50001 – 2018 aims to help to reduce their energy use, energy costs, etc. It also specifies the entity’s reputation as a socially responsible organization
Concurrently government wants to reduce Greenhouse gas emissions and wants to impose legislative mechanisms to enforce carbon reduction. Energy management systems had been developed in some of the states namely the USA, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Republic of Korea, Netherlands, Singapore, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, and New Zealand
The ISO 50001-2018 is designed according to ISO management systems and it has ten major components. They are scope, normative references, terms, context, Leadership, Planning, Support, Operation, Performance Evaluation, and Improvement.
ISO 50001-2018 organization follows a particular method called plan – do – check – act approach.
- PLAN: The responsibility for this energy management system should be the top priority. The energy team and energy officer are appointed. The energy team are the members of the employees and the management team. The organization circulates the energy policy which is in the written statement within the organization. Here the organization identifies the energy uses and checks if any improvement needed
- DO: The policies and objectives are implemented. Since resources are available, the employees and the other members start their training as they are capable of taking their responsibilities. The realization of the energy system starts from here.
- CHECK: To carry on with further procedure it needs to be verified. The valuation of energy-related resources should be done. The results which had been monitored with legal requirements and other objectives or resources of the energy management system are documented concerning top management.
- ACT: Now the management prepares an internal audit and this document is called management review. New strategic goals are implemented and if necessary, preventive measures are taken to optimize the energy resources.
WHAT DOES HAVING CERTIFICATION IMPLY?
Having certification implies that the energy management system meets the ISO 50001. It ensures the energy management system is working properly and saving energy. It brings confidence to stakeholders, customers, etc. that the organization is saving energy.
One more advantage is that it is based on continuous evaluation. This means if something is lacking, they try to improve their needs and it also saves costs. Therefore, certifying an organization shows public commitment to energy management.
In India, the Dahanu Thermal power plant in Maharashtra is predicted to annual savings of about INR 96.4 million ($1.7m) from raised energy efficiency and management. Global quality services are the leading ISO certifications consultancy in India.
BENEFITS OF ISO 50001-2018:
- It introduced new policies for energy management as it helps the organization in a sustainable usage of resources
- It helped in reducing carbon emission and promoted greenhouse gases which brought a positive response.
- It saved their financial cost of the organization
- It brought awareness in saving energy.
- It increased credibility by developing the individual brand image in the market
Contact email@example.com 9845313910 for further information
Services Offered :-
India – Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Mysore, Belgaum