ISO 22000 – A guide to enable an organization with food chain
“Establish yourself in a more focused and coherent manner”
ISO 22000:2018 is a freshly revised International Food Safety standard that is highly designed to harmonize on the global requirements for food safety management for any business falling under the food chain.
Basically, ISO 22000:2018 combines and supplements the elements of ISO 9001 and HACCP to create a framework for the end to end development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the FSMS – Food Safety Management System. This will include the overall organizations’ business risks. If you need to implement this standard, you need to meet the requirements of any applicable food safety related statutory and regulatory standards.
ISO 22000:2018 – FSMS – Requirements for any organization in the food chain
Let us see the requirements for Food Safety Management System to trigger an organization which is directly or indirectly involved in the food chain.
If you are required to,
- Plan, implement, and update the FSMS providing products and services which are safe and are intended to use.
- Demonstrate the compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- Evaluate and assess a mutually accepted customer in accordance with the food safety requirements and also to check the conformity within them
- Communicate the food safety issues to interested parties within the food chain
- Get certification of the FSMS by an external organization
- Make a self-assessment or self-declaration that is in conformity to this document.
The process steps involved in the ISO 22000 certification:
In the motive of bringing a standard in the global food chain, the ISO 22000:2018 certification is revised by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and this ISO 22000 covers the entire organization across food chain. Right from the farm to table, the ISO 22000:2018 certification is designed to bring a fair competition and better communication, between the organizations along food chain.
The elements of an FSMS as mentioned in ISO 22000 includes,
- System management with documentation
- Interactive communication across the organization
- Best programs that include the clean and sanitary environment
- HACCP principles that identifies and removes food safety hazards
As a part of ISO 22000:2018 certification, there are also other principles covered like customer focus, leadership, process approach, higher improvement, relationship management, and higher evidence-based decision-making principles. When you are planning to be in compliance with this ISO certification, you must establish the prerequisite programs to prevent the contamination. There are no specific requirements for each program; rather each of the organization will develop their own programs based on their requirements.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification:
The organizations can minimize the food risks and thereby can improve the related performance to food safety. Health and safety can be improved, customer satisfaction, meeting the regulatory requirements, meeting the standards and guidelines, and you can achieve more enhanced transparency.
Global recognition and consistent structure
Improve your organizations’ reputability with customers, suppliers, and with other parties worldwide. With the integration of ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 you can make a consistent structure that opens door for more business opportunities.
Global Quality Services will help you throughout the processes of this certification with the most renowed professional expertise. Adhere to the standards and get certified with us !
Contact [email protected] 9845313910 for further information
Services Offered :-
India – Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Mysore, Belgaum