What is National Assessment and Accreditation Council or NAAC Accreditation?
National Assessment and Accreditation Council or NAAC Accreditation enhances the quality of higher education, the University Grants Commission (UGC) has decided to make accreditation mandatory for all universities and colleges coming under its purview.
Speaking to The Hindu on the sidelines of the 5 NAAC accreditation award ceremony here on Sunday, UGC Chairman (acting) Ved Prakash said: “An order will be issued soon to make accreditation mandatory for all universities and colleges come under the UGC.”
“The rule to make accreditation mandatory will be soon vetted by the Human Resource Development Ministry,” he said.
“The accreditation helps an institution to identify its strengths, weaknesses, challenges and opportunities.” All educational institutions coming under UGC must obtain accreditation once in three years, he said.
The Importance and Advantages of NAAC Accreditation
All universities, institutions of higher learning and colleges in the country in future have to obtain accreditation certificates from National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, to get funds from the UGC for various academic and research programme
Standards of NAAC Accreditation
- NAAC has identified the following seven criteria to serve as the basis of its assessment procedures:
- Curricular Aspects
- Teaching-Learningand Evaluation
- Research, Consultancy and Extension
- Infrastructure and Learning Resources
- Student Support and Progression
- Governance and Leadership
- Innovative practices
Top Companies and Organizations with NAAC Accreditation
- University: University Central Governance Structure along with all the Under Graduate and Post Graduate Departments.
- College: Any College – affiliated, constituent or autonomous with all its departments of studies. Colleges must have completed either 5 years of operation or 2 batches of students must have passed out of the college.
GQS NAAC Accreditation: Consultancy and Assistance
GQS consultants can help you with the complete NAAC Accreditation process from documentation, implementation, trainings, internal audits and right certification body.
For training schedules, visit our Lead Auditor Training Page. We offer our service on the following countries/cities below:
India | Bangalore | Chennai | Goa | Mangalore | Pune | Mumbai | Delhi | Vapi | Indore | Hubli | Belgaum | Hyderabad
For more information, Visit us or Contact us.